The role is focused on providing application and technology expertise across a number of business critical systems, assisting in pro-actively delivering quality system analysis, complex problem resolution, complex incident resolution, and proposals for systems or business process improvements in order to ensure effective support of the Boots applications and systems.
- Provide expert guidance and advice to support the resolution of complex incidents and problems
- Ensure service continuity, manage application services, identify issues before they impact the business, and identify business process and / or system performance improvement opportunities
- Oversee the introduction of major changes into BAU for new and existing systems, using expertise to understand impacts & risks to service
- Able to develop and leverage collaborative working relationships with all partners within Boots IT and customers to deliver an effective end to end service
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for business improvement and leads work through projects, service improvement plans, service requests and problem resolution
- Understand and apply industry standards and best practice
- Able to evaluate major system / application design changes, project documentation and deliver feedback and recommendations
- Provide input into service design & acceptance, ensuring effective handover to support teams
No experience is required.