BRAC envisions a world free from all forms of exploitation and
discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their
potential. Founded in 1972, BRAC has grown to be one of the world’s
leading development organisations, dedicated to alleviating poverty and
empowering the poor globally. Continuing this work, BRAC has taken on
the Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme in the Ukhia and Teknaf
Upazilas of Cox’s Bazar district, where over a million Rohingyas have
taken refuge, and host communities continue to struggle from the impact
of the influx.
bring this vision alive in Cox’s Bazar requires a team of relentlessly
committed people who are dynamic thinkers and problem-solvers,
unafraid to take on big new challenges, thrive on relationship
building, and are passionate about the cause.
As a member of the BRAC Communications team, you will
sharpen your storytelling skills, build your empathy muscles, and be a
thought-partner to communication team in Cox’s Bazar and Head Office.
Your contributions will strengthen BRAC’s reputation and trust among
external stakeholders and enhance the sense of belonging and pride among
our staff. Your work will increase external visibility of BRAC’s
programmes and positively influence mindset to realise BRAC’s
vision. As the Communications Specialist, Visibility and Documentation,
you will work closely with programme staff to produce high-quality
communications and visibility materials, help create systems to
streamline our workflow, and be a hero for the BRAC brand and values in
all HCMP communications products and experiences.
Communications Specialist, Visibility and Documentation
- Working with project staff to document project
activities and needs of communities affected by the crisis in the form
of fact sheets, brochures, case studies, deep dives, etc.
- Creating a calendar of deadlines/requests for visibility materials, case studies, videos, etc, per needs of programme teams
- Maintaining and updating visibility guidelines and templates (banners, fact sheets, presentations, stickers, etc.)
- Ensuring that all materials adhere to visibility and
branding requirements; validating materials submitted by programme
teams for communications team approval with quick turn-around
- Coordinating with programme teams to produce
materials for events (e.g. workshops, inaugurations), including writing
content as needed
- Conducting desk research to support events, partner visits, information requests from HO, etc.
- Working closely with procurement to choose preferred vendors, maintain standards, and maintain an updated vendor list
- Regular field visits to monitor usage of visibility materials, and compiling feedback to programme teams
- Graduation in Journalism and or Communication, Media Studies, English, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Marketing.
- At least 2-3 years as a client servicing executive/manager in a leading PR and advertising agency
- At least 1-2 years in a public policy-research organization or think tanks
Additional Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of sectorial system
- Understanding of ethical practices in crisis reporting
- Keen understanding of the current trends and
scenarios in the development, humanitarian and media sector; branding
and visibility expertise
- Skilled in writing case studies, briefs and boilerplate content
- Experience in organizing events and basic graphic design
- Strong research skills.
- Strong command over both English and Bangla
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and supporting team player, while maintaining a proactive work style
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and learning mind-set
||Salary and benefits
Salary Range: Negotiable
Other Benefits: Festival Bonus, Health and life Insurance and others benefits as per organisation policy
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
You may apply through careers.brac.net or nrbjobs.com
or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the
position “Communications Specialist, Visibility and Documentation” in
As a member of the BRAC family, you will be part of a
global constellation of dreamers, doers and thought-leaders. We can
guarantee that the work is transformative and the growth opportunity
enormous. Come join us.
''BRAC is an equal opportunity employer''
Join the world’s biggest family