United Surgical Ltd.
Assistant Manager - Plant Maintenance
Reporting to: General Manager
Main purpose of Job: To ensure that the plant and machineries used to produce new and existing materials and equipment’s run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventive maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment (including software programming).
Strategy and Development:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practices, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contribute to the develop maintenance vision, Spare parts management, Up keep of Equipment’s and support to improve OEE
Standard Operating and Task Management:
- Lead and attend the breakdown maintenance with team and conduct root cause analysis by using Why Why analysis or Fishbone or 5W1H.
- Effectively delegate maintenance issues to the appropriate team considering the skills sets of team members.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly, yearly checks to ensure smooth operation of site.
- Develop a Planned Preventive Maintenance schedule and implement the plan to keep the machines and equipment’s up time high.
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems time to time.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure. Ensure to have adequate spare for critical and key elements to avoid unnecessary downtime.
- Lead the installation and commission of new machinery, plant and equipment, electrical installation, electronic connectivity by coordinating with internal and external agencies.
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting to the seniors.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
Financial and Budget Control :
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensure compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical engineering.
- Extensive experience of 7/8 years in maintenance of machineries and equipment’s such as Sewing machines, Plastic Injection machines, Mechanical and Hydraulic Stamping Presses, Conventional machines, Sand Blasting machines, Buffing and Deburring equipment’s, High frequency welding machines, Ultrasonic welding machines, Conveyor belts, Hydraulic cutting machines, Pneumatic and Hydraulic leak testing equipment’s, Compressor, Diesel Generator, Colling tower, Electrical installation, High frequency transformers management.
- Excellent leadership and man management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Competent in problem solving, root cause analysis, team building, planning and decision making.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of Lean Manufacturing tools to improve performance
- Strong man management skills and able to handle a team of Engineers and Technician of @ 10 nos.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power point. Hands on Solid works/ Auto Cad will be added advantage.
Job Location: Gazipur
Send your CV through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
***" Name of post applied for must be mentioned in the subject line of your E-mail."
Application Deadline: July 22, 2019